Newsletters & Articles
A NEW IDEA
Newsletter of the Irrigation District Engineering and Assistance Program
|Issue 4, November 2009
– Automation Projects Updates
– Urbanization of Irrigation Districts
– In Pursuit of the Perfect Liner
– Recent Publications
|Issue 3, November 2005
– Model Database Under Development
– Canal Automation Demonstration Program Begins
– Composite Lining Performance Improves
– How Do We Determine Water Savings?
– Pipeline Reduces Losses by 98%
– Irrigation Rapid Assessment Program – Status Report
|Issue 2, February 2005
– Lining System Reduces Canal Water Losses by 81%
– Thermal Imaging for Canals for Remote Detection of Leaks
– New Map Release
– Water Measurement Workshop Set for February
|Issue 1, December 2004
– New Pipeline ‘Leaked Like a Sieve’
– Our First Newsletter
– Irrigation Districts Have Database Problems
– Congressional District Maps
Smart IDEA Prevents Flooding. Rio Grande Basin Initiative Outcomes. Vol.7, No.2. December 2008.
GIS Maps Aid Irrigation Districts. Rio Grande Basin Initiative Outcomes. September 2005.
Wired for Water: Farmers Manage Irrigation Online. Lifescapes. Spring 2003.
Condition Critical: Aging Valley water system nears breaking point. Lifescapes. Spring 2003.
Improving Irrigation Systems: GIS used to map water accounts, plan rehabilitation projects. Rio Grande Basin Initiative Outcomes. Fall 2002.